Laneway houses have become a go-to solution for a lot of homeowners in the country. Given their low requirements when it comes to space, the low building costs, and even delivery timescales, laneway houses have quickly grown to be a favourite. A laneway house cost in Vancouver and the neighbouring urban areas, is what attracts prospective homeowners the most. Given the popularity of laneway houses, Blue Streaks Homes have been offering quite a lucrative deal to customers looking for a laneway home to settle down.
What is a laneway home?
Laneway homes can be described as the best housing solution in recent times. It is a form of housing that utilizes the spaces between full-size homes, and the alleys behind homes. Low-budget homes with smaller dimensions have come up in these locations to provide affordable housing. This form of housing has become very common in the Western fringes of the country, namely in cities like Vancouver and Richmond.
The benefits of owning a laneway home-
When you own a laneway home, it grants you numerous benefits that help you regain the cost of construction, several times over, in a few years’ time-
- If you are looking to convert your backyard into something more productive than an empty space, then a laneway house is the best option at hand.
- If you are low on budget, and hate the lack of ownership in renting a home, then a laneway house may be a good option.
- If your family comprises of members who are just coming of age, then gifting them privacy in the form of a laneway house, would be a brilliant idea.
- You can rent the new laneway house and find an extra means of generating some income.
- Given the low requirements of dimensions, it is extremely easy to get permits for building a laneway house.
Prospective laneway house-owners should bear in mind however, that laneway houses too, come with their own restrictions, with respect to municipal housing policies. There are restrictions in place that enforce laneway house-owners to account for parking spaces, the height of the building, minimum distance to neighbouring plots, preservation of vegetation and greenery in the locality, etc.
However, with all of this being said, a laneway house is still a viable option as far as building a home is concerned. A laneway house cost in Vancouver that is built by Blue Streak Homes is lesser than the other construction franchises in the market.