Laneway houses are growing in demand these days. They serve to be an excellent residence for single families and neighborhoods. They offer an opportunity beyond just owning a house of your own. They are exceptional housing grounds which add character and security as well. Construction of these homes may depend on the individual’s choice. Sometimes, the construction of laneway house cost in Vancouver may go as high as $100,000. One can design these houses at a lesser budget too which would serve to be a perfect place to stay.
Here are few benefits of constructing a laneway home in detail:
- Great space for extended family – The laneway homes are a great place for building an affordable and separate home for people who are starting some business like a restaurant or so, right from their home. Here they have their own workstation where they can work and manage things in a better way. In some cases, laneway houses are designed for the elderly parents who want to live separately yet close to their home.
- The ideal way to earn money – Many homeowners rent out these laneway homes to other people. They renovate and redesign these homes which they give out on rent to people to spend their vacation or celebrate any event. In this way, they generate retirement income.
- Alternative to the main home – These homes act as a great temporary stay for your family members when you wish to renovate your home. You can send off the kids and adults while you carry on the work in the existing home. Therefore, in this way you can manage the renovation work without any interruption, while you can look after your children at the same time too.
- Increases the property value – Having a laneway home in the backyard will increase the property value undoubtedly. The main home and the laneway house in the backyard will not only add beauty to the entire landscape, but it will also provide a suitable space to start a home based office job for freelancers. Moreover, it also enhances the resale option for the homeowners.
- Affordable for all – Interns and workers can buy these homes on rent, and that too at an affordable rate. Many homeowners build these housing options and give it out on rent. These homes are smaller in size and require low maintenance compared to bigger homes. This is why they are quite affordable than regular homes.
- All basic amenities are available – These homes are designed keeping in mind the daily needs of the people. They are just like any other home, but smaller in size and are sometimes designed within a strict budget. Some of them have a well-organized open concept kitchen, a bathroom, and bedrooms.
- Less consumption of resources – These homes are small, and so they require less amount of electricity, water, and other resources. This is why it allows you to waste less and use energy more efficiently.
These houses are just a smaller version of your main homes. They are usually the best place to stay on a temporary basis, or when you wish to stay away from home and experience new surroundings. You can very well build your own laneway home too. If you want to know how much a laneway house cost in Vancouver, then you can ask a designer and builder. To build a comfortable laneway house, you need to fix a budget and then follow the construction process accordingly.