Laneway houses are growing in demand these days. They serve to be an excellent residence for single families and neighborhoods. They offer an opportunity beyond just owning a house of your own. They are exceptional housing grounds which add character and security as well. Construction of these homes may depend on the individual’s choice. Sometimes, the construction of laneway house cost in Vancouver may go as high as $100,000. One can design these houses at a lesser budget too which would serve to be a perfect place to stay.
Here are few benefits of constructing a laneway home in detail:
- Great space for extended family – The laneway homes are a great place for building an affordable and separate home for people who are starting some business like a restaurant or so, right from their home. Here they have their own workstation where they can work and manage things in a better way. In some cases, laneway houses are designed for the elderly parents who want to live separately yet close to their home.
- The ideal way to earn money – Many homeowners rent out these laneway homes to other people. They renovate and redesign these homes which they give out on rent to people to spend their vacation or celebrate any event. In this way, they generate retirement income.
- Alternative to the main home – These homes act as a great temporary stay for your family members when you wish to renovate your home. You can send off the kids and adults while you carry on the work in the existing home. Therefore, in this way you can manage the renovation work without any interruption, while you can look after your children at the same time too.
- Increases the property value – Having a laneway home in the backyard will increase the property value undoubtedly. The main home and the laneway house in the backyard will not only add beauty to the entire landscape, but it will also provide a suitable space to start a home based office job for freelancers. Moreover, it also enhances the resale option for the homeowners.
- Affordable for all – Interns and workers can buy these homes on rent, and that too at an affordable rate. Many homeowners build these housing options and give it out on rent. These homes are smaller in size and require low maintenance compared to bigger homes. This is why they are quite affordable than regular homes.
- All basic amenities are available – These homes are designed keeping in mind the daily needs of the people. They are just like any other home, but smaller in size and are sometimes designed within a strict budget. Some of them have a well-organized open concept kitchen, a bathroom, and bedrooms.
- Less consumption of resources – These homes are small, and so they require less amount of electricity, water, and other resources. This is why it allows you to waste less and use energy more efficiently.
These houses are just a smaller version of your main homes. They are usually the best place to stay on a temporary basis, or when you wish to stay away from home and experience new surroundings. You can very well build your own laneway home too. If you want to know how much a laneway house cost in Vancouver, then you can ask a designer and builder. To build a comfortable laneway house, you need to fix a budget and then follow the construction process accordingly.
Renovating your home is exciting but it is a huge investment so, you need to plan everything carefully. When you are upgrading your interiors, the first thing you need is a contractor. A homeowner dreams of renovating and improving his home by hiring a trusted team of interior designers or contractors. The success and beauty of your next home renovation project will depend on the expertise of the custom home contractors in Vancouver. The experts help in performing all the renovation work correctly as they have right skills and knowledge in conducting the work. Blue Streak Homes take pride in designing custom homes that not only exhibit extraordinary design but also reflect the owner’s personal style and taste.
Reasons to Hire Experts for Revamping Home
Building a custom home provides you an incredible opportunity to get your dream home. This can be achieved by selecting a good builder company. An expert like us would develop a plan before starting the work finally. The reasons for taking help of designers are:
Guidance- Taking the advice of qualified consultants and have face-to-face interactions gives them proper insight into remodelling plan of the home. Consultants can guide you in the right direction from start to finish as they are highly skilled. Our company provides you valuable information regarding:
- House plan
- Addressing any concerns or queries
Approval matters- The products you require for upgrading your home should be touched and felt before purchasing it. Each has different interest and choice so; they want to have a close look at different products.
Use technology- We provide you with an image of how your new home can look after remodelling. We use latest technology and designs for renovating homes. You can visualize the look of your home by customizing it on the desktop.
Convenience- We are a one-stop solution when it comes to building and designing homes. You can get knowledge about all products and the prices charged. Select from various designs, color and materials for upgrading your interiors.
Home is a place where you can enjoy, relax and sit comfortably. You can come to us for renovating or upgrading your home to suit your lifestyle. Blue Streak Homes is an affordable home builder in Vancouver that adds value and style to your property.
Laneway houses have become a go-to solution for a lot of homeowners in the country. Given their low requirements when it comes to space, the low building costs, and even delivery timescales, laneway houses have quickly grown to be a favourite. A laneway house cost in Vancouver and the neighbouring urban areas, is what attracts prospective homeowners the most. Given the popularity of laneway houses, Blue Streaks Homes have been offering quite a lucrative deal to customers looking for a laneway home to settle down.
What is a laneway home?
Laneway homes can be described as the best housing solution in recent times. It is a form of housing that utilizes the spaces between full-size homes, and the alleys behind homes. Low-budget homes with smaller dimensions have come up in these locations to provide affordable housing. This form of housing has become very common in the Western fringes of the country, namely in cities like Vancouver and Richmond.
The benefits of owning a laneway home-
When you own a laneway home, it grants you numerous benefits that help you regain the cost of construction, several times over, in a few years’ time-
- If you are looking to convert your backyard into something more productive than an empty space, then a laneway house is the best option at hand.
- If you are low on budget, and hate the lack of ownership in renting a home, then a laneway house may be a good option.
- If your family comprises of members who are just coming of age, then gifting them privacy in the form of a laneway house, would be a brilliant idea.
- You can rent the new laneway house and find an extra means of generating some income.
- Given the low requirements of dimensions, it is extremely easy to get permits for building a laneway house.
Prospective laneway house-owners should bear in mind however, that laneway houses too, come with their own restrictions, with respect to municipal housing policies. There are restrictions in place that enforce laneway house-owners to account for parking spaces, the height of the building, minimum distance to neighbouring plots, preservation of vegetation and greenery in the locality, etc.
However, with all of this being said, a laneway house is still a viable option as far as building a home is concerned. A laneway house cost in Vancouver that is built by Blue Streak Homes is lesser than the other construction franchises in the market.